Sunday 19 July 2020

You Lead First

There's a friend of mine that I got to know last year and I admire her so much.  She referes to this pandemic as "My Mate Covid" yep that's not a typo and I heard you say WHAT???
Let me explain, her experience of Covid has been 100% to do with her mindset and how she chose to respond to this situation.

She very quickly shifted her focus from all the things she couldn't do in her life and business and started to look at what she could do. She adapted her home, her life, her business. She even said that "her mate Covid" put her in a position to adapt and take action on things she new would be good for her business as well as things she had put off doing before.
For me her attitude is what self-leadership is all about.

BIG UP Lady/Queen Shakira Taylor fitness and business coach, check her out at https://www.facebook.com/fitnesswithshakira on Instagram  

I can only speak on my world view, on my personal experience of the world we live in.  What I see is a Leadership crisis. Our world leaders have been caught out. It seems as though they have no clue what to do and even worse than that, their actions show that they don't care about the general public.  It seems to me that we're just a big inconvenience to them and their agendas.  It's OK if you don't agree, this is my truth as I experience it.

I hope this pandemic (for those of us who survive) wakes people up, I really do. I hope after they get over the initial shock of job loses, inadequate
 leadership, confusion and fear mongering, they see that this as a time to make changes. It's time for us to be responsible for our lives, our families, our financial present and future. To lead ourselves.




SIDE NOTE!
"Everything rises and falls on leadership", says Dr. Maxwell, "but knowing how to lead is only half the battle. Understanding leadership and actually leading are two different activities." Dr. Maxwell explains that the key to transforming yourself from someone who understands leadership to a person who successfully leads in the real world is character. Your character qualities activate and empower your leadership ability, or they can stand in the way of your success!

Taken from; The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader : Becoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow by John C. Maxwell


So what now?
What can I do?
Who's around me?
Who can I influence?

I think powerful questions like those are always a great start. It's about being the example. I know pretty much every parent on the planet throws their kids that line about being the example. Well now it's time to eat our own cooking, and that's not always easy. 
Here's the kicker though. When you lead by example in your attitudes, how you treat others' and in your words, those closest to you  do notice.  Yes it's possible it makes no difference to them, but what if it does?  What if it inspires your child, your BFF your nieces, nephews, or a work colleague?

Then you're causing a positive ripple effect in your close circle of influence.
That positive ripple effect can go out into the world and spread to others.
Leadership is not about who's "The Chief", who's in charge and get's to tell everyone else what to do.
It's about who can serve the most people and you don't have to be in front in order to serve others. Just leave a person you come into contact with with a positive experience. Share some good information,  take the time listen to someone so that they feel heard.

One of my personal heroes is a friend of mine, who was in the same personal development and leadership program as me. Every time he spoke in front of a room he would say:
"If service is beneath you, leadership is beyond you". 

The truth is when we are tapping into the best version of ourselves I truly believe that we give others permission to do the same.
If everyone shines their light in the way that only they can, WOW what a world we would live in.


Until the next post/time Happy Growth Games.



Please leave comments below, share this post and most importantly enjoy!!!


 #whatyoufocuson #growthgames #learnsharegrow #lifelessons 
#launica #beyourauthenticself  #choiceschoices 


     https://twitter.com/evettejelaunica                               

No comments: